This ice is actually a bit of a thousands years old glacier from the east of Grise Fiord. They reach it by boat and use a power saw to hack off huge chunks which they then take home and keep in their freezer. pic.twitter.com/mvLdoberI8
— shona main (@shonamain) August 19, 2018
- Wildie and Lalla (2021)
- March 2020: going back to Grise Fiord
- ‘Jenny’s Arctic Diary’ goes home after 40 years
- With thanks to Qiniq (Grise Fiord’s internet provider)
- New home
- For the want of wing flap
- Old ice/new ice
- When not in Dundee
- The last night of an open sea
- Super cool Inuk kid
- Goodbye, Glady.
- Sea lift!
- Just visiting: old Arctic ice and a selkie
- How cool is this?
- My first narwhal
- Looking for things to hang things onto
- I believe in the power of bannock
- Adolescent mammatus?